Thursday, August 13, 2009

And another thing... (Note appropriate use of ellipse)

Have I already posted suggesting that postcard idea? If so, I am going mad. Slowly but surely. A good feeling.

Just while I think of it, a few quick things.

1. Can I borrow Sookie Stackhouse?

2. You must read this book. Written by a friend of mine and one of my Top 10 books. Her styles is so crisp, so spot on, so perfect. Challenging from an emotional stand point but I want to buy one for every Australian and make them read it. Yes, glue their eyeballs to the pages and MAKE them read it.

3. Ummmmmmmm. There's that post-natal drift. Yes, I am so still in the post-natal stage. Shut up.

More on your post tomorrow.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Are you friends with Chloe Hooper? I bought her first novel (the name eludes me) at an op shop but have misplaced it in the move. It'll be somewhere.

    Indeed, difficult subject matter. I'm reading the 8th "Sookeh is mahn!" book and her issues with the supernatural world are about as much as I can take right now. The real world makes me very sad sometimes.

    I insist you borrow the "Sookeh!" and "Beeyul!" books on one condition: I require sms commentary as you read. Esp after book 4. Did you see Georgie Love is reading them? Love it. I even commented... blush. Then I must lend you True Blood on DVD (as soon as we get it back!) and then we must discuss further.

    I'm such an enabler.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I went to school with Chloe and we were very close in early senior school. We drifted but stayed friends thoughout school and then really drifted after. The book to which you refer is The Child's Book of True Crime. Having dinner with her in the next few weeks. We reconnected recently through Facebook. As you do. I am so looking forward to it as she is a lovely, lovely person and can't wait to fill in all the gaps.
    And speaking of all things litcharerry, looking forward to Sookie discussions. As I said, I found that bit where Sookie goes to Bill's for the first time disturbing. Mainly the overt sexuality of it. Don't get me wrong: I love a bit of overt sexuality as much as the next George Michael, just not in the surreal way it was depicted in that scene. It was like reading a nightmare.
    And finally, I love you. All of you. All parts of you. Valvoline. You know what I mean.
    I hope.

    ReplyDelete