Thursday, August 13, 2009

Quilt square ideas.

I am obsessed with apples at the moment. I had an idea that included a broidsed (?) outline of a tree with apples in the branches, each apple a different fabric that is appliqued on. Or clementines. And one apple that has fallen on the ground. Not far from the tree though!
Did you see Craftapalooza's square. LOVE. Yours will be equally bewdiful.
Otherwise, what about a square full of rows of clementines; some fabric, some broidsed. Or, all the same except the last one totally different. Or how about broidsing a poem in some really cool font and framing it with fabric or ribbon. Or broids the back of a postcard, broids a message on it (something kitsch like: fabulous weather - wish you were here) and make a fabric stamp. THAT would be cute. Ideas flowing thick and fast now! Oh, oh, oh...take a leaf out of resurrction fern's book and crochet a cover onto something and then sew it on. Like a bit of money or a small stone or wooden button. Put it at the end of the poem?

Moving on....these. You should subscribe to Distillate if you don't already. Molto cool.

Here is a sneak peak (BADLY photographed) of some new things I am working on.







Very tricky to photograph through glass.

Ciao for now.
xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. I am crap at taking still life photos - and to lazy to make any magic in Photoshop, so we can post crap photos together! However in my head, content is king and those butterflies are super. I LOVE that they're in South America too.

    Distillate looks awesome! Will subscribe (tho I have made a promise to stop subscribing willy nilly as it takes me too much time to read my blogs with my decaf of a morning ;)

    I LOVE the idea of the clementines and got all enthused until I remembered it's called REDwork. And redwork clementines will probably just look like monster cherries :) Ha. I just re-read your post and the clementines idea wasn't even a quilt project one! Will ponder on the other ones. I do love whatserface who does the embroidered exercise book pages. Perhaps I could do a letter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, thanks for having so much faith in my crocheting skillz, but I'm nowhere near Ms Fern's quality :) And it took me three tries to spell 'nowhere' correctly, so it's time to go xx

    ReplyDelete